Have you ever felt observed while sitting in the garden or on the terrace? Don’t worry, it’s not a threat, maybe it’s just a curious neighbour who’s about to attack a button… If you’re looking for privacy and keeping your spaces away from prying eyes, here’s the solution: today we propose this tutorial to make a DIY magazine.
What materials do you need?
- Wooden strips 2×4, 4×4, 4×8
- Grided panel
- 5 and 10 cm screws
- Tape Meter
- Manual auger
- 20 L bucket
- Medium buckets
- S-shaped hooks
Create your own DIY magazine step by step
1. Organize all materials to see how they will be assembled. Place the grating panel on the 2×4 battens and make sure the edges match.
2. Secure by placing the 5 cm screws in the top and bottom edges of the panel, leaving gaps of about 15 cm.
3. Place the 4×4 strips under the panel you have fixed perpendicularly. The 4×4 poles should protrude about 10 cm, as shown in the image below.
4. Make sure that the poles and the panel are well aligned by helping you with the square and the mallet.
5. Join the parts together using the 10 cm screws. Use 3 screws in each corner, so you will need a total of 12 10 cm screws.
6. Decide where to place your new magazine and drill the holes in the ground, with a shovel or, as in our case with a manual drill.
7. Before drilling the second hole, remember to check with the help of the tape measure whether it is correctly aligned and the distance is proportional.
8. Add a little gravel to each hole, so that the wood does not rot.
9. Now you can proceed and put on the magazine breaker.
10. With the help of the spirit level, check if it is straight. If so, you’re still in time to reposition it!
11. Put the cement in the bucket.
12. Add water.
13. Stir well, if you see it is necessary, you can add more water.
14. Using a paddle, place the cement on the holes where you inserted the legs of the panel. As soon as it dries, your magazine will be ready to use!
15. All you have to do is add a touch of colour. Among other possible solutions, we have chosen flowers in tin buckets.
16. Place the S-shaped hooks in your new magazine and hang the buckets.
Perfect, now you can enjoy your spaces in complete privacy!
Easy and very practical, isn’t it?